photo

History

painting

The Fighting Cocks was built in approximately 1927 alongside the old thatched building which was demolished to make way for the new road.

Across the road is a shallow depression which is the original “cock pit” from which the pub takes its name.

The pub is ideally located for walkers, cyclists and horse riders on a day out in the New Forest, or for those who want a leisurely drink or meal while enjoying the view across the heathland.