Tim & Kay Eyre and staff welcome drinkers and diners to a traditional Forest pub where 'homemade' means made on the premises.
Tim, the landlord, originally trained as a master butcher and now uses these skills in the kitchen. He personally cuts all our steaks and makes all our 1/2lb steakburgers and sausages on the premises.
We only use local New Forest venison, pheasant, rabbit, etc., in our seasonal game dishes which are prepared by the landlord and his team of chefs.
- Ideal for walking, cycling and enjoying the view across the heathland.
- Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome in all areas except the garden and main dining area. Muddy boots allowed. Some books and toys are also available for the little ones.
- Excellent meals including light snacks, fish, and home-made specialities are offered from noon until 9:30pm, seven days a week.
- A selection of smaller portions for the smaller appetites.
- Most food allergies and dietary requirements can be catered for. Please speak to Tim for advice.
- No automatic service charge whatever the size of your party.
- Four well-kept real ales and scrumpy cider on handpull.
- Log fires in the winter.
- Large patio with heaters, beer garden and outdoor children's play area.
- Coach parties welcome.
- Plenty of parking for car clubs.
The pub is open from 11am to 11pm every day.
Food is served from 12 noon to 9:30pm. We can also provide breakfast from 9:30am to 11:30am, but only if you book before-hand.